Saturday, February 8, 2020

Thoughts

My youth had you, and yours had me. 

I had no option but to do my best and not burdening you 
is the only thing I could do for you right now. 
Even until now, I still think that I was no worthy for you. 
I thought that if I didn’t see you, then I could forget you, 
but there wasn’t a single night or a day where I didn’t miss you. 

If my sense of longing could make a sound, 
I’m sure it’d deafen your world. 
There’s a part of me that believes I can change you, 
but the reality is that I know I can’t. 
The only thing that I can change is myself, 
and only you can change yourself, but I can’t do it for you. 

Even until now, not a day goes by when I don’t wish 
I could turn back the clock and change what happened. 
Every time I turned around to leave, in my heart, 
I really wanted you to beg me not to leave you. 

However, as time passed by, while I’m learning about what you feel all these while, 
I realized, there are two types of love; 
one is possessive, 
the other is accepting and leave. 

I really want to possess you, but I couldn’t be so selfish, 
so I choose to accept and leave it. 

Months has passed, I did it.
A lifetime shall pass, I will do it.

No comments: